Navigating the U.S. Climate Resilience Toolkit
November 19th, 2015
Presenters: Dave Herring, Director of Communication & Education, NOAA Climate Program Office
The webinar covered:
- How the U.S. Climate Resilience Toolkit (toolkit.climate.gov) can be used to support local planning and decisions for enhanced community resilience, by walking through the Toolkit’s 5-Step Planning Process
- Identifying the problem: Focusing on climate stressors that threaten people, buildings, natural resources, or the economy in your area.
- Determining vulnerabilities: Identifying specific populations, locations, and infrastructure that may be impacted by the climate problem you identified.
- Investigating options: Compiling a list of potential solutions, drawing on the experiences of others who have addressed similar problems.
- Evaluating the risks and costs: Considering risks and values to analyze the costs and benefits of favored options. Select the best solution for your situation and make a plan.
- Taking action: Implementing your plan and monitoring your progress.
Click below for Speaker Presentation Slides: